2 x Arley’s Plant Based Chicken breasts
80g Arley’s Pancetta Cubes
2-3 garlic cloves, whole
400g mushrooms, sliced
200g shallots, sliced finely
2 large carrots, sliced to 1cm thick
2tbsp tomato paste
375ml red wine
500ml veggie stock
2 bay leaves
1tsp Herbes de Provence
1tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
1tbsp fresh chopped thyme
1tsp vegan butter
Small handful of fresh parsley, chopped
Salt & pepper
1. Heat a glug of olive oil in a large pot or pan with a lid.
2. On a low heat, sauté the onions for 5 minutes, then add the garlic and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a further 10 minutes.
4. Now add the sliced carrots and tomato paste, cooking again for a couple of minutes till the carrots are beginning to soften. Then add the broth, red wine, herbes de provence, bay leaves and the chopped fresh thyme and rosemary. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for around 45 minutes, stirring every so often.
5. Next, make a thickener. Add the plain flour, 1.5tsp olive oil and the vegan butter to a bowl and mash together with the back of a spoon.
6. Now, begin to whisk in small pieces of the thickener, stirring till fully mixed.
7. In a separate pan on a high heat, add a glug of oil and quickly brown the chicken breasts. Once browned, add to the broth, and cook for a final 15 minutes.
8. During the final 15 minutes, cook the pancetta pieces. Bring a pan with a glug of oil to a high heat and fry off the pancetta for 6-8 minutes. Tip on to a paper towel to take off any excess oil, then add to the large pot or pan with the rest of your dish.
9. Serve with your choice of mash or crusty bread, and top with your fresh parsley.