2 packs of Arley’s Beef Pieces
200g chestnut mushrooms
600g puff pastry (V/Ve)
3 large sprigs of fresh rosemary
Alternative milk (think oat, almond or coconut) or 1 beaten egg
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Defrost the beef pieces.
2. Finely dice the shallot, and cook in a pan on a medium heat in butter or margarine until soft.
3. Dice mushrooms into small pieces.
4. Add the mushrooms and rosemary into the pan, season and stir sparingly. Cook the mushrooms till they are dry, then leave to cool.
5. Take the pastry from the fridge 10 minutes before you need it.
6. Next roll the pastry out. Sit a quarter of the mushroom filling and around 80g of the beef pieces onto the pastry, leaving a 3cm border on each side, then slice widthways down the whole piece. Repeat this three more times.
7. Brush the edges of your pastry lightly with alt milk (or egg), then tightly wrap the pastry over the filling, crimping the edges so they are sealed tightly, then brush more alt milk (or egg) on top.
8. Score the top, then bake for 18-20 minutes in a preheated oven at 220/200 fan.